Monday, October 22, 2012

Our Second Question



Somewhere in there is Cheese



The best thing about answering questions, especially ones that are out of the box, is knowing that whatever the answer is, I'm right.  I haven't thought about changing this to the "answers blog" or "question answered;" nothing cheesy like that.  It's still Dvo Says because of the beauty of questions.

I love the fact as the questions come in, I've been able to say, "I'll put my spin on this and I wonder how everyone else will see it." That's the best thing about this blog! Please keep sending in questions to: dvosays@gmail.com.  I would love to keep this thing going.  It's fun for me and more importantly, I hope it's fun for you the reader.


Our Second Question:

If you could only keep an endless supply of 5 items in the refrigerator for the rest of your life, what would they be and why?

-Anonymous (Boston)

Fantastic question anonymous!  First of all, let's make sure we have the technical points of the question figured out.  The question has to do with the refrigerator, not things you want to keep as food.  So that eliminates pita chips, pasta (to cook), cookies, trail mix (any kind), and bread.  Also eliminates the freezer as well (technically), which basically takes away ice cream.  Although that's upsetting, I'm going to still answer the question.  The great news is there are many delicious foods in the fridge.

Here is the list, in no particular order:

Apples: Your mom (and my mom) were right when they said an apple a day keeps the doctor away.  You want to know what else apples do?  They suppress hunger, keep you going with energy, and there are so many different kinds.  Apples could be sour (like granny smith's) or soft (like red delicious). My personal favorite?  Honeycrisp. Originally created at the University of Minnesota. They are juicy, crunchy, and filling.  Easy to eat when you need a quick snack.  Just don't forget that napkin!

Actual Image of What I look like when I find PB
Peanut Butter:  For people like Significant Other, she knows that if she buys peanut butter, it can't go in the fridge because I will find it.  And when I find it, I will attempt to eat it all with my hand in one bite.  Peanut butter is addicting for me.  And unlike most things that I've ever eaten, I've never gotten sick of eating peanut butter.  I'll have it with a spoon or butter knife. I'll put it on anything I can.  And when I need something fast, I'll put it on two slices of bread and slam it in my mouth at the same time.  And I'll follow that up with chugging a ton of milk.

Cheese: Uh, HELLO????  Is this thing on?  YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME, THIS IS WINNING.  Cheese is by far the reason why I will continue to have a high cholesterol and a never shrinking waste line.  Sure I could lose a little more lbs and tone up a touch, but then I would have to cut out cheese.  I don't remember the last time a day went by when I didn't have cheese.  Whether it's my mom buying Laughing Cow or String Cheese when I'm home, or going to the deli with Significant Other and clearly getting more Land o' Lakes White American to have on hand; I need it each day.  And it doesn't just stop with the cheap cheeses either.  I love fancy stinky french ones to soft and creamy italian ones.  I even love the curd of the cheese.  Fried.

Yogurt: Yes, you read that right.  I love yogurt and would eat it each day if I had an endless supply. Sure, this does load things up dairy when it comes to this list, but you can get protein in greek yogurt now too!  And yogurt can come in all different flavors and sizes.  Also, greek yogurt for me has become a great substitute for sour cream and cream cheese that makes food taste even better.  I don't hesitate for a second to grab some yogurt and would never get sick of it because of all the variety.

Deli Meat: I know it's hard to believe and your probably saying to yourself, "Dvo, deli meat??  There are so many other things that are awesome in the fridge!"  You're right, there are a lot of things that are in the fridge that are awesome.  However, most of those are condiments.  And if I listed all condiments on this list, there could have been an uprising or I would have to be sent to a mental institution.  Anyway, deli meat is great.  It comes in so many varieties and sizes.  I love going to the supermarket and asking for deli meat.  They show me my slice of meat and how thick or thin I cut it. Look, it doesn't take much to make me happy.  From this list you can see that I love the deli and this is a big part of it. Deli meat that is awesome, in no order: Honey Ham, Smoked Turkey, Salami (Hebrew National of course), buffalo chicken (Boars Head, just buy it trust me), Genoa Salami, and of course Pastrami.  I don't get pastrami much, just for the simple fear of getting sick of it.  If I got sick of it, I don't know if my world would exist anymore.

That's it!  And remember to keep the questions coming: dvosays@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment