Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Secret lover, best friend

Best. Thing. Ever.

Last V-day, I was given one of the best gifts ever.

If you have a significant other, you know you have to get a little creative when it comes to gifts for birthday/v-day/holiday sessions; especially if you've been dating awhile.

Also this significant other, if female, should know the fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Thank goodness that my significant other knows this.  Now, I don't usually plug gifts or products.  However, if you love pizza and you own an oven, why do you not own a pizza stone?

The picture above is my pizza stone after a full years use.  It is literally is the gift that keeps on giving.

And best of all, it's simple to use.

So here's what you do if you want to have the gift of a lifetime:

1. Buy a pizza stone.  Pretty easy to find. I've actually done a lot of the work for you.  Check it out.

2. Put pizza stone in oven.

3. Buy the ingredients for a pizza and make it.  Trader Joe's has dough for only a dollar.

Folks, I'm making this plea because I couldn't hold out anymore.  I was up day and night saying to myself, "is the world ready to know what I know about my beloved pizza stone?"

The answer is yes.  All of you are ready to have a pizza stone in your life.

And if this hasn't convinced you let me give you a scenario that you may or may not have experienced:

Dateline: Big city of your choice
Time: Bar Close

Scenario:

You've had a wonderful evening dancing/chilling/with friends.  But now you have a problem... you're hungry and possibly intoxicated.  What to do?

Then you remember earlier that day you woke up to buy ingredients for your new pizza stone that your friend Dvo recommended.  Remember?  Your favorite pizza is one with the works.  Everything on that bad boy.

You go home and instead of waiting for a pizza place to deliver or possibly give up because they are all closed; you and your closest friends/significant other(s) start hammering away at making a delicious homemade pizza.

Don't be that guy (or girl).  Don't be the one person that doesn't have a pizza stone.

And they make great leftovers.  Make sure to let me know how it goes.  You'll thank me later.

3 comments:

  1. Dvo, is that Oneida stone the one you use? Its gotten some mixed reviews. I'm registering for wedding gifts and I want to get one that's going to last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. I swear by it. As long as you don't wash it with soap you're good to go. You might also want to check Williams-Sonoma. There was one there for $42 dollars. But this one was half the price and it worked out super well. Come on over and give it a test run!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pizza stone from Pampered Chef is excellent. And David, if you ever want to try it out on us at work, I'd be willing to be a victim.

    ReplyDelete